Melatonin for Sleep! Uses, Facts & Myths!
“Early to bed early to rise makes a man healthy and wise” Yes! We all have heard this countless times but it’s not simple as this quote makes it sound. With all the things that are happening around us it’s just not that easy.
Some are lucky who can just close their eyes and fall asleep, others have the ability to wake early without any trouble but what about everyone else, what about us?
Falling asleep and waking up is a complex process which involves a very important hormone called melatonin. Knowing more about Melatonin will help us understand how our sleep works and how melatonin supplements can help us.
In our brain there is a small part called Pinal Gland which produces the melatonin hormone, this melatonin hormone is the one mainly responsible for the functioning of the circadian rhythm, the sleep-wake cycle of our body.
Around evening when the sun is setting and darkness increasing our brain starts to release melatonin, signaling the body that it’s time to sleep. Melatonin production is at its peak during the night when we are asleep and as the night comes to an end melatonin production reduces signaling the body to wake up.
This is called the circadian rhythm of our body, our internal clock. It is responsible for telling our body when to wake up and when to go to sleep.
Those who work during the night, travel frequently, or have some medical condition, have abnormal melatonin release patterns. Melatonin supplements help people correct these abnormal melatonin release patterns, leading to a healthier sleep-wake cycle.
- Improves quality of sleep- Melatonin promotes deep sleep, it helps fall asleep and stay asleep for the whole night without disturbance.
- Helps reduce sleep latency time- Waiting to fall asleep as you scroll on your phone for hours is something we all have experienced, melatonin supplements reduces the time it takes to fall asleep. Saving the hours of restlessness and overthinking.
- Resets sleep cycle- People who work night shifts or travel frequently can end up with messed up sleep cycle. Unable to fall asleep at night or feeling sleepy during the day is a common experience for them. Melatonin helps reset the sleep cycle helping in adjusting back to normal hours.
- Helps overcome basic Insomnia- Melatonin helps overcome insomnia by regulating the sleep cycle and relaxing the mind.
- Beats tiredness and fatigue- A goodnights sleep after a long day can do wonders for the body. Melatonin helps beat tiredness and fatigue with goodnights sleep.
- Helps in waking up refreshed- Regulating the sleep cycle helps the body solidify its wake and sleep cycle. A good night's sleep helps one to wake up fresh every day.
Melatonin Myths and Facts:
Myth: You will get addicted to Melatonin.
Fact: Melatonin is a well-researched product, there are scientific studies that have shown that melatonin is not addictive. When taking melatonin it is important to follow the label instructions, taking an excessive dosage can be harmful to some people.
Myth: Melatonin is harmful like sleeping pills
Fact: Sleeping pills are sedatives that lead to addiction when taken regularly. While melatonin on the other hand is a hormone that is naturally produced in the body. Its main function is to regulate the sleep cycle to help us fall asleep. Melatonin is natural and non-addicting.
Myth: Melatonin is not a safe and regulated product
Fact: Melatonin is a government-regulated product and can be consumed without a prescription. Melatonin is the hormone produced within the body. Melatonin supplements are safe, natural, and non-addicting.
Myth: Melatonin in big doses is the most effective
Fact: Melatonin is available in many sizes and strengths in the market, ranging from1-10gm per dose, you can easily buy one from your nearest drug store. Although it is available in many variations it is important to find out which one is the most suitable for you, higher quantity doesn’t always mean better results. You should always start from a smaller quantity and if required only then get a higher dose.
Melatonin Supplement: Melatonin supplements are safe to use and have many benefits for sleep and health. There are many melatonin supplements in the market, Fastnap Melatonin oral spray is one of the most reliant ones, it is reliable, affordable, and the best in the market.
Fastnap Melatonin Oral Spray will help you regulate your sleep cycle, and wake up refreshed, being an oral spray it is better absorbed in the body, helps reduce sleep latency time, and is made in India.
Fastnap Melatonin Oral Spray is natural, non-addicting, and sugar-free.