What is the cause of heart attack at young age?
What’s a heart attack?
A heart attack is a medical condition that is caused by the stoppage of blood flow to the heart. Stoppage of blood flow usually occurs because of a blood clot present in arteries, veins, or the heart itself. Our blood carries oxygen in it, which means when the blood flow to the heart is stopped the heart muscles begin to overwork ultimately causing a heart attack.
Heart attack is now common in young people
It used to be a common belief that heart attack was only seen in older people but this is not the case anymore, nowadays one in every five people facing heart attack is under the age of 40. Between the years 2000-2016 the heart attack rate increased by 2% every year in the younger age. And once you have had your first heart attack, regardless of your age, be it in your 20s, 30s, or 40s the chance of you having a second heart attack is just the same as in one of age 60 or 70.
Symptoms of heart attack
Heart attack is a very severe and complex heart disease which is also the reason why its symptoms vary from person to person. Some people experience very mild symptoms while others experience very serious symptoms. Although the warning symptoms are common their timing varies a lot, they can show up weeks, days, or maybe just hours before having a heart attack. The most common heart attack symptom is chest pain commonly caused by overexertion.
These are some other common symptoms of a Heart Attack:
- Strain, pressure, or pain in the chest, jaw, back, or arms spreading to the neck.
- Stomach ache and indigestion
- Cold sweats
- Lightheadedness and fatigue
Main causes of developing a heart disease
Certain underlying causes play a vital role in the occurrence of Heart attack
- Hypertension/ High blood pressure: It is one of the major contributors to developing heart disease. High blood pressure leads to the thickening of heart muscles and also harms the blood vessels, both of these results in higher chances of having a heart attack. These days there is a rise in hypertension among young adults. It can develop because of hereditary reasons, an unhealthy lifestyle, or other underlying diseases.
- Cholesterol: Higher cholesterol causes many diseases in the human body, and heart attack is just one of them. Higher cholesterol builds up fatty plaque in the blood vessels resulting in the narrowing down of the vessels carrying blood to the heart, causing a heart attack in the future.
- Obesity: Obesity is one of the main causes of developing heart diseases. Obese people require more blood than healthy people to be able to deliver oxygen to their whole body. Resulting in increased blood pressure, hence causing heart disease/ heart attack.
- Smoking: Smoking is one of the worst things you could do to your body. Smoking directly increases the risk of you having a heart attack, smoking one pack of cigarettes a day doubles the chances of you having a heart attack. Nicotine which is present in cigarettes causes the narrowing and hardening of arteries, burdening the heart and causing heart diseases. Nicotine releases free radicals that scars the heart tissues, making it weak.
Heart disease prevention and the way to a Healthy Heart:
An unhealthy lifestyle, diet, genetics, and increased stress play a major role in causing a heart attack. The best and most effective method of heart attack prevention is adopting a healthy lifestyle.
Healthy habits like:
- Lower processed food intake and eat a heart-healthy diet
- Lower alcohol consumption
- No to smoking tobacco, vaping, and nicotine
- Daily exercise without over-exerting the body
- Meditation and Yoga for stress reduction and maintaining a healthy mindset
- Health checkups and just being aware of the symptoms
Apart from healthy habits, health supplements made from natural ingredients can also be very helpful.
AFD Pharma's AFD Shield is one such supplement that is made with natural ingredients and is very beneficial for the heart.
AFD Shield is the best antioxidant supplement consisting of strong antioxidant ingredients like CoQ10 that boosts immunity by reducing the inflammation caused by free radicals, viruses, and bacteria. CoQ10 plays role in promoting heart health, diabetic health, and managing hypertension.
AFD Shield also consists of a superfood, Spirulina that is rich in protein, vitamins, minerals, carotenoids, and antioxidants that can help protect cells from damage.
Algal DHA present in AFD Shield is helpful in reducing the blood cholesterol levels, thus naturally maintaining a normal blood pressure.